We are currently hiring for the following roles:
Product Engineers (Backend/Frontend)
About the Job:
The Software Engineer will help design and build the backend for Empoddy’s products and clients. The main programming language is Ruby. We are building web applications for clients in London, which requires scalable software that can handle large amounts of data, and we are looking for the best and brightest engineers
- Work closely with clients and team engineers to implement new features
- Collaborate with system administrators to gain a deep understanding of the architecture in order to write scalable software
- Help evolve the backend architecture of the products
- Write software to manipulate and store data using Open Source databases
- Be ready to jump in and fix bugs on production systems
- Work well in a modern software engineering environment (with source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment), as well as extensive testing
- Have excellent debugging and critical thinking skills, and the ability to find the root cause of problems
- Take pride in writing well maintained, tested, reusable code
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics/System Engineering, Computer Science, Math or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- Extensive programming experience in one or more of the following: Ruby, C++, Java, Python, PHP or similar language
- Knowledge of Object Oriented coding and design
Software Engineer Interns (Student at University)
About the Job:
Work with backend or frontend engineering team on creation and implementation of new features.
- Collaborate around the creation of new and existing features.
- Craft and maintain applications for both the Web and Mobile Web.
- Implement beautiful user interfaces.
- Currently pursuing a BA or MS in Electronics/Systems Engineering.
- Extraordinary software engineering talent.
- Expert ability to get things done on a small team.